I've always loved an excuse to spend long amounts of time in the car. A controlled climate where I'm in complete control of the music, direction, and going into unfamiliar surroundings in a completely familiar vehicle.
Living in Orlando hasn't been the most thrilling experience of my life, but it's amount of liveliness makes the 2 hour drives to Tampa feel really exciting. Especially when my favorite Tampa pet friendly hotel has rooms available, and someone/ band I enjoy braves the swampland of Florida to play!
This weekend we:
- packed up the pup and headed to Tampa to go see Patton Oswald make fun of an accountant in the audience, a clown from Silverlake, Donald Trump, and Florida.
- ate dinner at a restaurant called Ava. Home of fancy pizzas, perfectly grilled octopus, and a steak so good that every bite was described to me as the best bite of anything Alex had ever had.
- fed Harvey his first ever serving of wet dog food, which he went crazy for and the animal biproduct-y smell nearly made Alex hurl.
- did NOT visit Taco Bus, for the first trip ever.
- took Harvey to a puppy beach to make some friends and dig his claws into some sand
- waited 40 minutes to sit outside at Daily Eats, where I got some delicious Mexican breakfast bowl , Alex got a delicious Californian breakfast bowl, and Harvey got some floor scraps of the person who was previously seated at our table
- got lured way off the highway by a sign advertising a flea market complete with a free circus and a live gator feeding!
- listened to more than enough 90's alternative music, for the next….week or so...